giaola is an electronic directory and a marketplace where, under one roof, users can find, book or order a wide range of services from professionals or businesses.On its 4th year of existence, giaola has got the job done thousands of times already. Its fresh approach to the age-old problem of knowing where to find professional help when needed is receiving acclaim: The Company won the national Get in the Ring award and has received funding from the National Bank of Greece and other investors.
Empowered by this support, giaola has partnered with OTE to replicate its successful business model on 11888 and become its web/mobile operator, digital and technology provider for the newly launched 11888 giaola.
During this exciting time, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Technical Team in Athens. We utilize best in-class technologies (Python/Django) and managerial practices (Scrum methodology).
The ideal candidate should be passionate about software development and able to demonstrate:
- A “can do” attitude.
- High level of discipline and strong sense of responsibility when it comes to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Technical and managerial decision making ability.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Last but not least: Enjoy the work – we are all in this because we believe that we can change the world to the better – even just a tiny little bit.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years previous working experience in Web development
- Experience with an object-oriented language (eg. Python, Ruby, Java, C#) and MVC architecture.
- Good knowledge on relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong understanding of Web development technologies.
- Experience with Python and Django or willingness to switch to this stack.
- Basic Linux skills including scripting (bash, sed, awk)
- Experience with Elastic Search or Elastic Stack in general is a skill highly appreciated.
We offer an unadulterated start-up experience in an energetic and intellectually stimulating environment, accompanied with:
- A competitive salary
- Participation in stock options plan